In the wake of years of economic hardship, Tehran’s wars in Syria and Iraq, and recent price increases, daily protests by workers and youth spread across Iran in late December. Some participants have chanted slogans opposing Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. Others…
For the third year in a row the number of workers who were killed on the job increased in 2016. Some 5,200 workers paid with their lives for the bosses’ drive for profits, with immigrants and older workers hardest hit.…
In an important victory for ranchers, workers and farmers, federal Judge Gloria Navarro declared a mistrial Dec. 20 in the government’s frame-up trial against rancher Cliven Bundy, two of his sons, Ryan and Ammon, and supporter Ryan Payne. The four…
After Amtrak Cascades train 501 derailed and crashed Dec. 18 as it traveled over the just completed Point Defiance Bypass on its way from Seattle to Portland, government officials and railroad bosses began to try to blame the engineer. Three…
In his annual New Year’s speech, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said his government would like to discuss with its South Korean counterparts participating in the Winter Olympics in South Korea next month. “The Winter Games will be a…
Also In This Issue
- Senate probe of Green Party is threat to workers’ rights
- Protests in Puerto Rico: 1 million plus still without power
- Send bosses ‘blood money’ to SWP
- Fla. rail worker fights firing after speaking out on safety
- Communist League in UK to go ‘deeper into working class’
- The capitalist rulers face a deepening political crisis
- ‘Unions are important not just for pay, but for safety’
- Truckers on strike across Russia face gov’t attacks
- Auckland art auction extends solidarity to Cuba
- ‘In Cuba there is no discrimination against Chinese’
- Nagasaki: A fitting setting for meeting on overseas Chinese
Conference in Nagasaki, Japan, discusses experience of Chinese workers, peasants and merchants who emigrated around the world
NAGASAKI, Japan — The experiences of Chinese workers, peasants and merchants who have emigrated in their millions to Southeast Asia and beyond, becoming part of the class struggle and political lives of working people in many nations, was a focus…
Defend Ukraine’s independence!
For defeat of Moscow’s invasion!
US troops, nuclear arms out of Europe, all of Europe!
Cuban representative speaks on US economic war, campaign of lies against socialist revolution
Cuba and Chernobyl
This Cuban documentary produced in 2006 tells the story of the Chernobyl nuclear catastrophe in Ukraine and Cuba’s exemplary internationalist medical program that treated more than 25,000 victims.